"Honor God by establishing Christ-centered, Spirit-empowered, socially responsible churches and campus ministries in every nation."
City Life church operates under 6 main core values that help us carry out our vision:
1. Authenticity...We value the fact that God chose to love us and die for us while we were sinners (Romans 5:8), so we don't have to come before Him with any pretense of perfection. We can be real before our Father. We will never say "Follow Me!" as if any one of us has the truth. We will only say, "Follow me as I follow Christ, because He is the truth." (1 Cor. 11:1) This is evident in our genuine love and grace for one another in becoming all that Christ has made us to be by the power of His Spirit.
2. Diversity...We value the fact that our God does not demand uniformity, but calls us to unity in Him. Therefore, no matter your color, gender, age, or income God has broken down the walls of hostility and comparison (Eph. 2:13-16) by purchasing us through the cross of Jesus and given us the ministry of reconciliation.This is evident not only in words, but in the diversity we exhibit as we gather as a church.
3. Generosity...We value the fact that our God was so generous in giving of Himself to us His only begotten Son and not just speaking His love but demonstrating it as well. (John 3:16-17) This is evident in our church through the sacrificial giving of our people in serving one another as well as in monetarily giving to support local and global ministry.
4. Boldness...We value the fact that Jesus gave us the power to witness and be bold by giving us the gift of the Holy Spirit. (Acts 4:29-31) This is evident by our passion to not be ashamed of preaching the gospel and pointing people to Jesus as Lord and Savior in all we do.
5. Creativity...We value that our God is the supreme Creator and owns everything created. (Psalm 50:10-11) This empowers us to not just to mimic or copy others, but to look to Him to help us be intentionally creative in ministering and reaching out to others.
6. Excellence...We value the excellence of our God taking joy over His creation and calling it good (Gen 1). Perfection is only achieved through Christ, but excellence is our standard in serving our God who loves so graciously. He deserves to be honored in all we do so we desire to make it a point to give Him our best and all.